Apply for Artist Financial Incentives
All artists are welcome in NOTO. A limited number of qualifying artists and designers will be considered for financial incentives.
The development of an arts district in the Historic North Topeka Crossing area is dedicated to stimulating the cultural and economic life of the area through the development and promotion of artist studios, providing relocation incentives for qualifying artists from Kansas and throughout the Midwest.
The NOTO District has limited funds to help qualifyings artists and designers to locate their studios in NOTO. Applications from a wide variety of the arts will be considered:
- Professional artists- visual, 2D and 3D
- Emerging artists – visual, 2D, and 3D (recently graduating from BFA or MFA programs)
- Performing Arts – Dance, Music, Theatre
- Performance Arts – experimental, avant-garde, multi-media
- Digital Arts – Social Technologies
- Others – (groups or companies)
COMING SOON-AVAILABLE STUDIO SPACES
Financial Incentive Application Process:
Both individual and collective studio spaces will be considered for all the above categories.
Please consider carefully your reasons for locating in the district. It is important for all concerned that we form a stable community of artists who will work collectively to sustain and improve the Quality of Life for all in the District and surrounding neighborhoods.
Dates for space occupation to be determined.
- Letter of intent/interest
- Resume with all essential contact information, academic degrees, and lists of art related activities
- Samples of your work – DVD, CD, slides, photos, etc.
- List of physical space and equipment (if any) requirements that will assist you as a successful business entrepreneur and other relevant information:
- Approximate studio size
- Number of rooms if important to your work
- Loading dock or over size doors
- 1st floor access
- Specific ventilation needs
- Environmental issues – hazardous waste, etc.
Group or Company applicants:
- Description of the group’s activities
- Number of people in the group/company – resume of Board Members
- Audience requirements if any
- Stage size if required for performance
- Support equipment – lights, sound, draping, dressing rooms etc.
- Financial Information – submit a copy of your current budget
- Insurance protection information